Founded in 2017 as a single-student extracurricular venture, Eagle Manufacturing has expanded exponentially since its conception. Without a doubt, Eagle Manufacturing could not have been created at a better time in a more perfect location. In Brown County Indiana, the manufacturing industry had burned out with the For Bare Feet sock factory fire in 2011. The concept of a Student Run Manufacturing Business had been popularized by Cardinal Manufacturing in 2007-2008. The Brown County High School Project Lead the Way program had an abundance of underused and expensive machinery and Eagle Manufacturing began as a way to use the equipment the school had been fortunate enough to acquire, and has since grown into a program supporting students to learn “employability” skills in a real world workplace environment.
Our mission is to prepare students with life and technical skills for their future after high school while providing high quality products and services for industry and the community.
To prepare as many students as possible, through real-world experiences, for their futures after high school in order to foster productive members of our community and society.
Eagle Manufacturing strives to produce students who:
- Learn and apply employability and life skills that prepare them for any endeavor after high school.
- Complete one of the following options after graduation in the area of advanced manufacturing, engineering, defense, or life sciences:
- Obtain and retain a job for at least one year
- Complete an apprenticeship
- Complete a two-year degree
- Complete a four-year degree